IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! Twenty FUN to be exact… at least that’s what everyone in San Diego keeps telling me 😉 Today is also my first official day of starting college in SD! Even though it’s not ideal, I’m making the best of it and enjoying the day to the fullest.
I went with Katie from allGLAMMEDup last week to shoot a very special birthday photo shoot in Downtown LA. We found a studio with an incredible rose wall, white + gold furniture (they even had a bathtub!), a gorgeous makeup station, view of Downtown and lots of natural light – I knew it would be the perfect spot for photos. They have twelve different stages to choose from and you can rent by the hour or get a package deal. If you’re interested in shooting there, you can find more info about FD Photo Studio here.
I knew I wanted to wear red to stand out on my birthday and show off my bronzed skin from Blush Tan. For weeks, I searched for the perfect red dress until I finally found this strapless lace one from Nordstrom! It is the perfect party dress / salsa dancer emoji in real life. I can totally see myself re-wearing for future holiday parties, weddings or other special events. Plus, the dress is totally affordable for my college budget at only $52!
Last year for my 20th birthday, I got a little more personal and shared more about my spiritual journey of losing control and trusting in God. This year, in honor of my 21st birthday I’ve decided to share 21 fun facts about me! Here it goes…
21 Facts About Me
1) I’m a Christian. My parents raised me in a Christian household, but when I was younger I didn’t really enjoy going to church. About two years ago, I started going to Mariners HB and it completely changed my outlook on religion. Mariners is a community that brings together ordinary, broken people to do life together, love one another, and build meaningful relationships with each other. Although my faith is such a large part of my life, I sometimes have a hard time opening up about my personal and spiritual journey and sharing my story.
2) I’m only 5’0 tall. Many people tell me I look taller in photos, but I’m actually only 5’0… It’s all about those angles! 😉
3) I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 5. My mom thought it would last two weeks tops, but here we are 16 years later still going strong.
4) My favorite color is aqua (in case you couldn’t tell by the theme of my blog colors!)
5) I love Mary-Kate and Ashley movies. One of my goals is to travel to all of the places their movies took place – all I have left are London and Paris!
6) I am a dog lady. I have two little ones, Phoenix and Phoebe, that are like my children. Follow me on snapchat for more pictures and videos of them.
7) I have a big sweet tooth. If you follow me on IG you know I’m always reaching for cupcakes, macarons, smoothies, acai bowls or pretty much anything with sugar!
8) I’m an extroverted introvert. I am usually very reserved when it comes to meeting new people and prefer talking one on one rather than in a group setting.
9) Many people think I look way younger than I am. I’m 4 1/2 years older than my sister, but usually people will think that I’m the younger sister or that we’re twins (we don’t see it). #21not12
10) I love Pilates and Zumba! Even though I’m not the best at them, I love trying out new fitness classes.
11) I’ve never broken a bone. Knock on wood!
12) I’ve always dreamed of moving to Australia. After watching the Mary-Kate and Ashley movie and visiting with the People to People program in 2012, I fell in love with the country and would like to go back soon!
13) I am a hoppa (aka half-asian.) My dad is Chinese and my mom is Caucasian. I’m often mistaken for Filipino or Hispanic though, especially when I’m tan.
14) I’m a total perfectionist. It’s a blessing and a curse – I always want to put forward my best, but sometimes I can be too hard on myself and have unrealistic expectations.
was/am a complete One Direction fan girl. My best friend Ema discovered their music right after X Factor and we were obsessed ever since. I even used to have a fan girl Twitter account… #zayngirl #1dcyberpunk
16) I love making lists. If you couldn’t already tell by this list… I love them. (Always channeling my inner Jane the Virgin… #teammichael ♥) Pro-con, to-do, shopping lists, etc. They always help me get worries off of my mind and organize my thoughts.
17) I’m terrified of needles and dislike heights. I still like my mom to hold my hand during shots, and Tower of Terror makes my stomach hurt.
18)I have a HUGE family. Literally. Most of my mom’s relatives are over 6’0 and she even has one cousin who is 6’11 (the mandatory reunion hugs are always a fun time.) Our Thanksgivings usually have 50+ in attendance, and my dad’s side is also pretty big but a lot of them he doesn’t know and still live in China.
19) Depression runs in my family. I tend to gravitate towards having a negative outlook, but especially since I’ve starting going back to church and having Jesus more present in my life I try to go out of my way to turn it around to a positive.
20) I’m not a coffee person. I love going to coffee shops, but I prefer chai tea or something sweet over coffee.
21) I collect snow globes from places that I’ve traveled to. I obviously love traveling, and I have them from all over the world (Australia, Italy, the Caribbean, and Mexico) and can’t wait to add more to my collection!
Photos by Katie Stuart
Please let me know if you enjoyed these facts or if you have any other questions about me in the comments!