Who doesn’t love a good slumber party with good girlfriends? Especially during the holiday season, it’s the perfect time to take advantage of warm blankets and hot cocoa! Last week I shared about my collaboration with Pottery Barn Teen to bring you some fun gifting ideas. They have a huge selection of sleepover products, home items, and stocking stuffers this season – you guys seriously have to check it out! Today, I’m teaming up with my good friend Katie from allGLAMMEDup to share how we used our cozy items from PB Teen to plan a Christmas slumber party.
Luckily, Katie’s house was already decorated with a variety of festive decor (I mean, can we talk about how amazing her tree is?) and we camped out in the living room where there was the most open space. We started our sleepover prep by making some yummy drinks and snacks.
It’s not a party without homemade cookies and popcorn! Some other good ideas for snacks are s’mores, mac & cheese, or classic cheese pizza.
Pink hot chocolate. We found a great recipe here and then added a candy cane and red straw to make it feel more Christmas-y.
Other tips for planning your sleepover:
- Listen to festive music. Throughout the shoot, we were playing Michael Bublé’s Christmas album on Katie’s pink record player.
- Watch a Christmas movie. My personal favorites that I love to watch every year are Elf, Christmas with the Kranks, and The Santa Clause.
- Plan a spa day. Stressed out from the holidays? Take some time to relax with your girlfriends, paint your nails, and experiment with some DIY face masks.
- Invite your pets. Katie’s kitty Mia made an appearance at our sleepover and was especially intrigued by the string lights.
- Play a game. Apples to Apples, anyone?
Shop our sleepover essentials here:
Don’t forget to head over to Katie’s blog to see more photos from our Christmas sleepover!
This post is sponsored by Pottery Barn Teen. All opinions expressed are my own.