Have you ever wanted to wear designer accessories, but can’t afford the price tag? Luckily, the rise of rental services has become extremely popular lately, allowing you to sport the latest styles by the month, swapping out your pieces as often as you’d like!
Rocksbox | $19 / month
- You can swap out your box at any time and shipping is prepaid.
- Any piece you fall in love with, you can purchase at a discounted price on Rocksbox.com.
- You get $10 in shine spend to go towards your purchase every month.
- You can re-request pieces, #wishlist pieces online and from your Instagram account, as well as leave any feedback for your stylist for future boxes.
- Only $19 a month? That’s only 4 Starbucks drinks. Not too bad for a girl on a budget.
- There is a short time period that you are left without any accessories (usually about 5-7 days.)
- The shipping time tends to take a little bit longer with Rocksbox than Ditto. You have to ship the box back first and leave feedback before they can refill your box with new pieces
I’ve worked with Rocksbox for almost a year now and have had a great experience with them.Every month, your stylist picks three jewels for you based on your style survey that you can swap out or purchase at any time. Their customer service has been great; Blair has always taken care of any issues I’ve had and my stylists have been very accommodating with my feedback. Rocksbox has grown their collection with many prominent jewelry designers including Kendra Scott, Gorjana, Loren Hope, and exclusive brands like Perry Street. My pieces from last month were: Kendra Scott Rayne Necklace in Magenta, Sophie Harper Gold Pavé Moon Studs and Elise M Isis Necklace in Ice Druzy.
[USE MY CODE “WORLDWIDESTYLISTAXOXO” TO GET YOUR FIRST MONTH OF ROCKSBOX FREE]
Ditto | $24 / month
- You can swap out your shades at any time.
- Any sunnies you fall in love with, you can purchase at a discounted price on Ditto.com.
- Shipping is prepaid and relatively fast (I got mine in three days.)
- You keep your sunnies until your new ones shipped to you. This way, you are never without sunglasses!
- You can virtually try on sunglasses on Ditto’s site before deciding which pair you want.
- Ditto is $5 more a month than Rocksbox. It’s not much more, but something to consider if you’re on a very tight budget.
- Although you can virtually try them on, sometimes the glasses might look different on you than expected.
February was my first month partnering with Ditto’s #EndlessEyewear program. If you aren’t familiar with Ditto, it’s a service where you can try out designer sunglasses for less than $25/month rather than paying full price for each pair (sometimes between $200-500). For my first pair of sunnies I was dying to try out the infamous pink Prada sunnies. When I received them in the mail, at first I was a little disappointed in the color – they’re not a true blush like I’d seen in many photos, they actually look more like lilac in person. But as soon as I tried them on I was pleasantly surprised with how cute they looked on. I am not someone who has a good sunglass face, so this was very exciting for me!
[USE MY CODE “WORLDWIDESTYLISTA” TO GET YOUR FIRST MONTH OF DITTO FREE]
Have you ever tried a rental service before? If so, let me know more about your experiences with them in the comments below!